Thursday, April 23, 2009

Options galore...just 2300kms away...

It’s chutti today and I am wondering where I should go for an outing…

Should I revisit one of the monuments today? Let me think which one: Qutub Minar, Jama Masjid or Chandni Chowk, Dadi Poti tombs, Hauz Khaz lake, Tughlaqabad, Humayun's tomb, Safdarjung, Ferozshah, or the Baoli at CP, or the one near Jamali Kamali/Balban’s tomb in Mehrauli? I think it’s not a good idea – have been there so many times.

Should it be another visit to Midland, or to the small park in SDA market, or the park almost opposite to IIT in Hauz Khaz?

How about calling up PRS and watching a movie with her in PVR Saket, CP, or Priya’s in Basant Lok? Haven’t seen anything after Jodha Akbar.

I think today I should eat out at either Cozy in SDA or someplace in Green Park or Khan Market or even the Pandara road joints serve excellent food. If I go to Dilli Haat, I can enjoy browsing the handicrafts and devour the hot momos in the Nagaland eatery!

Wait! This one sounds good: how about spending time at the National Museum and revisit the Maritime sections. I like the different medals displayed there. Or maybe walk past the umpteen Raja Ravi Varma and Amrita Shergill paintings along with others in the Modern Art Gallery near Vijay Chowk? I like the ambience of these two places. It’s quite there and there’s a possibility of spotting a celebrity from the field of media or art and others. I have met IK Gujral, Vinod Dua, Vipin Handa, Arundhati Roy, and Dr. Manmohan Singh in and around these areas. Good option I think!

No, maybe an evening show at Kamani auditorium will rejuvenate my tired mind.

What about just a casual stroll in Janpath, have a quick meal at McDonalds, or have Shami Kabab and Diplomat Pudding at Wengers in A Block, or a coffee in CCD? The new restaurant managed by Nirula’s is also a good option. The thought of having Honey Crispy Chicken, Chicken Manchurian, and Fried Rice at Bercos is too tempting! I think for a trip to CP and adjoining areas, I must invite PK…

I am yet to explore such options for a weekend or mid-week break in Chennai!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yaadien...:-)

Anonymous said...

VT, lets meet at Wengers and then walk to Bercos. Remember? Wengers is in A block :)

- PK.

Unwinding Hours said...

Yes, I do remember :-) good old days. And now that we are out of 'saadi dilli' you remember the block also. funny.