Saturday, January 23, 2010

regret...

For years now you have embraced me every single day. I actually regret the day I encouraged you, that evening when I let you in, to spend some time with me. I thought you were a guest. If only I knew your designs to trap me, your yearning to grow on me; I would have thrown you out my life and perhaps would have been a different person. I know others warned me, but I guess I was under your spell. And then there were others, because of them I came closer to you. And what an opportunist you are…

And now when I want to break away from you, you won’t let me go. You have assumed I get some delight seeing you every evening. I don’t. Every day I decide to tell you how much I hate you, just hate it when you rush out and embrace me. I hate you more when you nag me early mornings or just walk with me wherever I go…

I just regret the day I let you into my life!